March 15, 2009

Super-Sekret Message to All Who Have Had a Beer In Metro-Lex

The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity house was struck by fire on Thursday. All seventeen people inside (brothers, girlfriends, and the house mother) made it out--one person was treated for smoke inhalation and released. Contrary to initial impression, the cause of the fire is believed to be a cigarette butt thrown into the mulch off the porch, not divine retribution for all of the debauchery that has occurred there over the sweep of time. (In the interest of full disclosure, I lived in that house my sophmore and junior years and can attest it was the site of much, er, revelry.)

Posted by LMC at March 15, 2009 06:19 PM | TrackBack

Ah, yes, a rayther quiet but nice place to stop in. Nice guys, yadda yadda. I'm poring over the Calyx now, trying to spot the looney, er, the LMC. A bit difficult seeing as you're using an alias and all. "Fezzik, jog his memory." "Sorry, I didn't mean to jog him so hard."

Sounds like a better outcome than the awful fire at Fiji in the early 80s.

Posted by: Monica at March 17, 2009 08:10 AM